To have a grip on quantitative business analysis, every retailer should be familiar with the most common industry formulas and be able to apply them in business situations. This book explores 108 of the most important formulas related to retail activities that can help you in your daily operations.Math is used at every level of retailing, from the basic functions of counting moneyand making change, to computing the total amount of a sales transaction involving calculating percentages to determine discounts, sales tax and shipping charges. More complex retail tasks require more advanced retail math skills. Use retail math calculators, retail equations and formulas to calculate gross profit margins, cash flow, start-up costs, break even analysis, retail profitability, and dollar planning and control and so much more.
- The winning price and margin formulas including, discount, markdown and shrinkage
- Merchandise operations formulas for retailers by taking on EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation) formula, CTM and Open to Buy
- Winning productivity formulas in retail such as GMROI (Gross Margin Return On Inventory), Weeks Cover, Sell Through Rate, GMROP, ROMI (Return On Marketing Investment) and many more
- Formulas that every retail CEO should know in order to set and maintain overall financial strategic goals
- Supply Chain Formulas like Delivery In Full On Time (DIFOT), and discover what goes into calculating the cost to serve and order accuracy
- Key store Operations Formulas and how to target and zone in on store assets and key customer loyalty formulas